Tuesday, May 11, 2010




I love the earth. I love dirt. I love the process of planting stuff and watching the magic of growth. I love the toil and sweat and then watching things transform. I think I like sowing more than reaping...hhhmm. There is anticipation, hope, vision, creation when you sow. I love it.

This picture was taken last year, but just two days ago I went at it again. I got dirty, sweaty and sore. I knelt, bent over, crawled, pulled, twisted, dug, carried, planted and laughed.
This year's planting was even more exciting than last year's original creation! Last, year, as you will see in this photo, we started plowing the soil where it had been a lawn. We erected a fence to keep out deer and deep enough to keep out the critters. We strung old cd's to keep the birds at bay. We planted several vegetables but also some strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. It usually takes a few years to begin reaping the harvest of fruit bushes.

To my surprise, when we went out to plant two days ago I saw little berries and several blossoms on the fruit bushes. I could hardly contain myself. It was so exciting. The photo below was also from last year. It is just my little reminder that even though I need to wait for another month of rain, sun, and weeding, I'll be eating fresh organic salads and having berry cobblers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment