Sunday, May 2, 2010

In my garden

Some part of my consciousness awakens when I am hanging out in my garden. There is a quiet improvised dance that seems to start as soon as I pass through the tory. I take a broad survey from corner to corner then inadvertently something will call out to me for attention: a colorful bush, a tipsy flower, a playful visiting animal, a patch of grass, or a gnarly weed. I often take on a hound dog like quality lifting my nose to the sky inhaling the wonderful life all around me. Every time I pass by my lilac tree I fill every crevise of my lungs with that heavenly fragrance.

When I saunter around, there is a feeling that I experience nowhere else. The most descriptive word I can find is connect. That may sound trite or uninteresting because it is such a commonplace word, but there is a sensation of merging, attaching, enveloping that encompasses me from the outside in all the while I am erupting inside out. There is a palpable vibration that passes through my body viscerally. It's not really a thought or idea as much as a feeling that resembles invocation introducing me to a different plane of awareness and Reality. Time erases. Performance ceases. Obligation vanishes.

The garden and I talk. We discuss life. There is no need for words in this conversation, but the dialogue is rich, meaningful and intriguing. Perhaps I'll share some of our talks in the upcoming days...

No comments:

Post a Comment